Senior Product Manager
Sunroom is radically simplifying the way people rent their homes.
For the average renter, leasing a home is filled with stress and uncertainty. We have reimagined the end-to-end experience, so renters can self-tour properties, apply, & lease inside our app. Our partners, real estate agents, and property managers use our platform to take care of all the hassle from photos, yard sign setup, and marketing to back-office operations. Our platform gives full visibility into every aspect of leasing.
We have raised over $14 million from top-tier investors including Founders Fund Seed, Gigafund, and Tim Draper. Our investors have also backed the likes of SpaceX, Tesla, and Facebook.
As our Senior Product Manager, you'll build the roadmap for "self-service leasing". You'll be primarily responsible for delivering product features that improve the efficiency of our internal tools.
What types of features will I be working on?
- Renter communication optimizations
- Rental application processing
- Self-showing locks
- Verification of income and employment
- Lease drafting and e-signatures
- Security deposits
What you'll be doing:
- Talking with the department heads, to learn how we can improve their area of the business.
- Support, Account Management, and Field Operations
- Leading product ideation from inception through delivery and validation.
- Collaborating with our Director of Product and Senior Product Designer to develop new product flows.
- Sprint planning, including writing product tickets, and assisting with sizing, the scope of work, and definitions of done.
- Partner with the Director of Engineering to develop standards and procedures to determine sprint pacing, quality of engineering output, and release readiness.
- Pulling data to confirm the features worked as expected.
Our ideal candidate:
Natural learner and problem-solver: You can hold many different product concepts and logic in your head to quickly address the engineers' questions about our complex product. You're resourceful and not afraid to ask questions.
Strong communicator: You're thorough with how you explain issues and product solutions so that anyone in the company can understand (written and verbal).
Product-minded: You know if a product is strong or misses the mark. You get excited about design and development.
Designer: You may not design every week, but your eye for design is strong. You have a high standard for UX and readability specifically on mobile screens.
Show me more about Sunroom
Product: We're building a mobile-first website and app. We have self-showing lock technology, renter tools, and a platform for real estate owners to get visibility into property metrics and touring feedback. We also have several internal tools used for the Sunroom teams.
Tech stack. Our platform was built mostly in Node.js & React.
Team: You'll be working closest with Darius, our head of product, Eric, Director of Engineering, and Alex our Senior Product Designer. Sunroom has 35 employees across the company and has 4 talented Engineers.
Our Product and Engineering teams are fully remote. Several of the talented team members are based in Mexico. Our ideal candidate is in the Central time zone.
- Worked on a mobile product for over 2 years.
- Have a few design portfolio pieces to share.
- Learn on the job at any moment, open to new skills.
- Technical enough to tell us generally how the internet works.
- Have done Agile sprints (SCRUM) methods for over 2 years.
- Product Designer at heart, operator, and techy on the job.
- Figma or Sketch
- Managing Engineers