Senior Front-End Engineer (React)
Sunroom is reinventing leasing to empower renters.
Sunroom was started by the Favor founders, Ben and Zac. In 2018 we launched our brokerage in Austin, Texas. Since then, we've helped thousands of renters find an amazing place to live. Sunroom is backed by Founders Fund, Tim Draper, and other amazing investors. We're designing technology to dramatically improve the rental experience and create systems so renters can lease properties on their own, without agents.
We’re looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to help us build upon our renter web apps, and core application infrastructure, self showing lock systems, partner portal, and more. You'll be joining an early team with equity and lots of upside potential. We don't have everything figured out, so you'll be able to shape the company and team.
You know our stack. Please review. We consider ourselves a React based team and use we use Node.js on the backend.
- Understands complex products without a complete explanation.
- Communicates well and is responsive on Slack.
- Enjoys working remotely, stays organized on their own.
- Constantly learning new technologies and applying them (side-projects).
- Likes to work with anyone in the company one-on-one, not just the product team members.
- Feels responsible and thankful when bugs are pointed out, will fix them quickly with a good attitude.
- Willing to stop a current ticket and start a new urgent ticket every now and then.
- No ego. Pride isn’t hurt asking for help after spending some time stuck on a problem. Perceives their teammates as extra brain-power, not competition.
Due to Covid, this position is currently working from home. Once we return to the office in Austin, TX, this position and can either remain completely remote, or can be onsite, once we return to the office. This is a full-time position.
- 4+ years working as a full-stack or front-end engineer.
- 3+ years on mobile web development.
- Worked as startups doing customer facing products.
- Schooling doesn’t matter, experience does.
- Lives in the agile/scrum/sprint methodology.
You know our stack. Please review.
- Shipped mobile-first apps that address complex user flows and transaction states.
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup with many different user roles.
- Strong bias for action and shipping product!