Recruiting & People Operations Lead
Sunroom is reinventing leasing to empower renters.
We're a venture-backed tech startup, headquartered in downtown Austin, that's dramatically improving the home and apartment search process. We believe that the existing tools renters use, like Zillow, are just scratching the surface. We've created a platform that enables renters to schedule showings on the fly and apply to properties inside our app. Sunroom was started by the Favor founders Ben & Zac.
We are seeking an exceptionally bright and self-motivated individual for our Recruiting and People Operations position. You will be partnering with the leadership team to scale our recruiting and onboarding efforts. This role will be the first full time recruiting and people operations role, so you'll be able to make a huge impact on the company.
What you'll be doing:
- Sourcing new candidates, for multiple roles. You'll be doing full-cycle recruiting for multiple roles across customer support, real estate agents, field operations, engineering and more.
- You'll be doing everything including conducting screening calls, running in-person in-office interviews, managing calendars to ensure smooth interviews, creating and extending offer letters and even onboarding new employees/contractors to our tools.
- You'll become the point contact for general HR questions on a variety of topics including benefits, scheduling, policy, and compensation.
Skills we're looking for:
- You are outgoing and understand people. You enjoy asking deep probing questions, to learn about candidates and find the best talent. You love working with people. You are collaborative, upbeat, and optimistic.
You are a quick learner who is proficient with online tools and operations.
Hyper-organized with keen attention to detail; you have a knack for juggling multiple tasks without breaking a sweat.
Curiosity; you enjoy problem-solving and improving processes.
Compensation & Hours:
- This is a full-time role that pays $55,000 to $80,000 depending on the level of experience.
- 3 to 5 years of prior recruiting or HR experience is preferred.
- Understanding of interview workflow and application tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- You are eager to learn and grow your career. You're punching up and you are excited about Sunroom's mission to help renters!
- Strong work ethic with the ability to operate autonomously and with discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills balanced with the flexibility to meet the demands of a startup environment.