Business Intelligence Manager
Sunroom is rapidly growing venture-backed startup based in Austin, TX. We're dramatically improving the home and apartment search process and empowering renters in new and exciting ways. Started in 2018 by the founders of Favor Delivery, we've since helped thousands of renters find an amazing place to live.
We're a venture-backed tech startup, headquartered in Austin, that's dramatically improving the home and apartment search process. We believe that the existing tools renters use, like Zillow, are just scratching the surface. We've created a platform that enables renters to self-tour properties apply & lease inside our app. Sunroom was started by the Favor founders, Ben & Zac.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage business intelligence projects: aggregating, analyzing, reporting on, and translating all of this data into insights.
- Making technical architecture and framework decisions to optimize our infrastructure and easily pull the data we need.
- Monthly updating our model/forecast to ensure we're growing to plan.
- Setting up a company and individual OKR reporting charts. Pulling data for board meetings and other company initiatives.
- Ad-hoc analysis projects to assist with product & marketing measurements.
- In the future, manage and develop a team responsible for maintaining reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
We're sitting on all sorts of interesting data, from the 100k renters using our site, thousands of property listings on our platform, and funnel data on what's driving conversions.
Team: You'll be joining a company that's small today (15 people). In this position, you'll work closely with the co-founders and the engineering team.
- Today our engineering team consists of 3 talented engineers: David, Darius & Antonio.
- As you can see the team is small so you'll start working independently.
Codebase: This is our stack. Our product was built mostly with Node.js & React. We've set up some systems for data/BI already, but you'll be able to play a major role in shaping our systems.
Our ideal candidate:
Intellectually curious: You're full of questions that can create value for our customers and team members.
Self-directed and organized: You can size and prioritize data projects and determine what's most important.
Thrives in an iterative environment: You can adapt to changes in products, projects, and direction won't throw you for a loop. You know how to work quickly and balance quality with speed.
Technical: You are fine to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You are excited about changing the future through amazing products.
3-5 years of experience working in data science or analytics.
- Exceptional academic record with BA/Master’s degree from a top-tier college or university.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup.
Experience with the following tools, languages, and platforms:
Data visualization tools (i.e. Chartio or Amplitude)
Application programming languages (i.e. SQL)
Reporting APIs + big data platforms (i.e. Snowflake, Amazon Web Services)
Customer segmentation platforms (i.e. Segment)
Note: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19, but we're excited to get back to the office when it's safe. Our ideal candidate will be willing to return to the office when the time is right.